Royal Challengers Bengaluru broke its silence on the tragic stampede incident outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium on June 4 earlier this week. Now, the franchise has revealed the details of its new initiative, ' RCB CARES', to hounour the victims and support their families.
RCB has pledge Rs 25 lakh each to the families of those who lost their lives during the victory parade. The franchise had earlier said it will be giving Rs 10 lakh. The government had also pitched in with Rs 25 lakh.
In a post on social media, RCB said RCB CARES is a long term commitment for meaningful action and that every step will reflect what fans feel and deserve.
“Our hearts broke on June 4, 2025. We lost eleven members of the RCB family. They were part of us. Part of what makes our city, our community & our team unique. Their absence will echo in the memories of each one of us. No amount of support can ever fill the space they've left behind. But as a first step, and with the deepest respect, RCB has extended Rs 25 lakh each to their families. Not just as financial aid, but as a promise of compassion, unity, and ongoing care. This is also the beginning of RCB CARES: a long-term commitment for meaningful action that begins by honouring their memory. Every step forward will reflect what the fans feel, expect, and deserve,” RCB said in the post.
The stampede outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru claimed the lives of 11 people, while 75 other were injured. In the immediate aftermath, RCB maintained silence on social media, a move that drew both empathy and questions from fans.
The new initiative marks an attempt to channel grief into long-term action.
According to the franchise, ' RCB CARES' is a long-term programme focused on community support and fan engagement. While immediate financial relief has been provided to bereaved families, the team emphasised this was “only the beginning” of its efforts to stand with those affected.
The tragic incident already had wider repercussions. The ICC shifted Bengaluru's hosting rights for the Women's ODI World Cup to Mumbai, while the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) was forced to move the Maharaja T20 Trophy to Mysuru after being denied clearance for Chinnaswamy.
RCB has also declared the victims “forever part of the RCB family” and pledged enduring care. The franchise reassured its fans that their emotions and voices would guide every step forward.
RCB has pledge Rs 25 lakh each to the families of those who lost their lives during the victory parade. The franchise had earlier said it will be giving Rs 10 lakh. The government had also pitched in with Rs 25 lakh.
In a post on social media, RCB said RCB CARES is a long term commitment for meaningful action and that every step will reflect what fans feel and deserve.
“Our hearts broke on June 4, 2025. We lost eleven members of the RCB family. They were part of us. Part of what makes our city, our community & our team unique. Their absence will echo in the memories of each one of us. No amount of support can ever fill the space they've left behind. But as a first step, and with the deepest respect, RCB has extended Rs 25 lakh each to their families. Not just as financial aid, but as a promise of compassion, unity, and ongoing care. This is also the beginning of RCB CARES: a long-term commitment for meaningful action that begins by honouring their memory. Every step forward will reflect what the fans feel, expect, and deserve,” RCB said in the post.
𝗥𝗖𝗕 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀: 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗔𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁
— Royal Challengers Bengaluru (@RCBTweets) August 30, 2025
Our hearts broke on June 4, 2025.
We lost eleven members of the RCB family. They were part of us. Part of what makes our city, our community & our team unique. Their absence will echo in the memories of each one of… pic.twitter.com/1hALMHZ6os
The stampede outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru claimed the lives of 11 people, while 75 other were injured. In the immediate aftermath, RCB maintained silence on social media, a move that drew both empathy and questions from fans.
The new initiative marks an attempt to channel grief into long-term action.
According to the franchise, ' RCB CARES' is a long-term programme focused on community support and fan engagement. While immediate financial relief has been provided to bereaved families, the team emphasised this was “only the beginning” of its efforts to stand with those affected.
The tragic incident already had wider repercussions. The ICC shifted Bengaluru's hosting rights for the Women's ODI World Cup to Mumbai, while the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) was forced to move the Maharaja T20 Trophy to Mysuru after being denied clearance for Chinnaswamy.
RCB has also declared the victims “forever part of the RCB family” and pledged enduring care. The franchise reassured its fans that their emotions and voices would guide every step forward.
You may also like
Is your diet built on a lie? Doctor reveals the 'biggest weight-loss myth' that might be holding you back
Uttar Pradesh News: CM Yogi Adityanath Launches Tharu Tribe Empowerment Initiative, 371 Self-Help Groups Formed
Rapid urban expansions have led to rise in human-wildlife conflicts: Justice Surya Kant
Mysuru's erstwhile royalty says Chamundi Hills belong to Hindus
Surgery more effective in treating chronic sinus than antibiotics: Study